AIIMS 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam: Exam Date, Application, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus and Cutof
AIIMS 2018 application form is available now. All India Institute of Medical Sciences has released form and prospectus for AIIMS 2018 MBBS admission. AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance exam will be held on 26 and 27 May 2018.
It is the only medical entrance exam whose scores are accepted for admission to AIIMS New Delhi and 8 other AIIMS like institutions namely at Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Guntur (Andhra Pradesh), Jodhpur, Nagpur (Maharashtra), Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh. Earlier there were 707 seats whene there were AIIMS New Delhi and 6 AIIMS like institutions. Now that there are AIIMS New Delhi and 8 AIIMS like institutions, seats have increased to 807. Know all about AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 application form, dates, seats, eligibility.
AIIMS Exam Dates
Here, students can check the official exam dates schedule for AIIMS entrance examination:
|Online registration starts||5th February 2018|
|Last date for online registration||5th March 2018 (5:00 PM)|
|Status of Registration including rejection /deficiencies in application||20th March 2018|
|Admit card release||10th May 2018|
|Exam date||26th & 27th May 2018|
|Result announcement||18th June 2018|
|First round counselling||3rd, 04th, 05th, 06th July 2018|
|Second round counselling||2nd August 2018|
|Third round counselling||4th September 2018|
|Open counselling (If Required)||27th September 2018|
AIIMS Application Form 2018
- Students can register for this exam through online mode only.
- There is no offline mode available for filling the AIIMS 2018 application form.
- Fill all the registration details carefully and submit it.
- Students can pay the application fee through online mode only.
- Select the city choices for entrance examination.
- Now, fill educational qualification and address details.
- Upload the scanned images of signature, photograph and thumb impression in prescribed format.
- After completing all the steps, click on the final submit button.
- Don’t forget to keep a printout of the application form for future references.
- Fill the application form correctly, nowill be allowed.
- The fee payment can be made through online mode only.
- The payment can be done using debit/credit card or net banking.
- The detailed application fee for various categories is mentioned here:
|General/ OBC : Both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers||Rs.1500/-||As applicable|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.1200/-||As applicable|
Students are suggested to check the eligibility criteria before applying. The detailed eligibility criteria is given below:
- Nationality: Indian Citizen, OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and Foreign Nationals.
- Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on the 31st December of the year of admission. Students born on or after 2nd January 2002 are not eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects. Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: Students must have obtained a minimum aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects which is 60% for general/OBC and 50% for SC/ST/OPH candidates.
AIIMS Exam Pattern
The complete details of AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern is given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through CBT (Computer Based Test).
- Duration: The exam duration will be 3 ½ hours.
- Exam Shifts: First Shift (9:00 AM to 12:30 PM) and Second Shift (3:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- Type of Question: Questions will be Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type).
- No. of Question: Total 200 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Language: Question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi language.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of Question|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
Here we are providing the seat reservation in various AIIMS institutions for Indian Nationals:
|AIIMS, New Delhi||107||50||27||15||8||7|
The syllabus will be of 12th class standard under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. The AIIMS syllabus will comprise of subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude. The detailed syllabus is given here:
Circular Motion, Electricity, Nuclear Physics, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Measurement, Motion, first law of Thermodynamics, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, Solids, Wave Motion: Optics, etc.
Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry, Molecule and Chemical Bond, Periodic Properties of Elements, Structure of Atom, Section B: Organic Chemistry, Chemistry of Elements and Compounds, Section C: Physical Chemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Energetic, State of Matter, etc.
Anatomy and Physiology, Developmental Biology, Diversity of Animal Life, Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis), Histology, Reproductive System, etc.
Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals, Anatomy and Physiology of Plants, Meristems-Plant growth and development, Botany and Human Welfare, Importance, History, Factors and mechanism, Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis, Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants, Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots, Internal structure of stem and secondary growth, Tropic and turgor movements, Transpiration & respiration, Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions, etc.
Current Affairs, Punch line of companies, Business, Top officials of big companies, Famous award and prizes, Major corporate events, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, etc.
AIIMS Preparation Tips
- Gather all the details about officially prescribed syllabus for AIIMS exam preparation.
- Make a proper study plan and divide your time equally for all the subjects.
- Consider the good study materials for exam preparations and also include previous year question papers for studies.
- Mark the difficult topics in the syllabus and discuss them with your teachers, tutor and class mates.
- Maintain your health, take a healthy diet and do exercise & yoga.